1. Built to Last – Custom cabinets are made by skilled cabinet makers who make all the components of your cabinetry. Cabinet makers take pride in their work, using quality materials for a finished product that’s a work of art. Custom cabinets are quality construction that’s built to last.
2. Local Sourcing – Material choices matter. If you are concerned about the origin of the wood used for your cabinets, then you immediately see the benefit of custom cabinetry. You have a much broader choice of wood for your project including using local or domestic hardwoods that lessen the environmental impact.
3. Form and Function– You don’t have to settle for average dimensions. If you are 5’1” tall, you can order smaller cabinets to place your counter tops at the right height for optimal leverage when preparing food. If you are 6’5” you can order taller cabinets. Have a variety of heights in your home? You can order cabinets in many sizes to accommodate all members of your household.
4. Personal Selection – Stock cabinets may include “hundreds of combinations” but you are still limited by the product availability. Custom cabinets provide you with a personal customized selection of wood, style, finish, and hardware to address your goals and needs. Stock cabinetry is made in an assembly line in batches at different times and often results in non-matching materials and finishes. Custom cabinetry is made per order with hand selected woods and is all finished at the same time.
5. Built to Fit – Have an unusual kitchen layout or an unconventional floor plan? Stock cabinets are designed for stock kitchen sizes, so if you have wall left over, you will need fillers in these areas. Fillers, while they have their place should be used sparingly as needed. Custom cabinets can be built to any size you specify, which makes all of your spaces usable, taking advantage of nearly every inch in your kitchen. Custom cabinets give you a fitted look unavailable with stock cabinetry.